Explore the UDS health programmes and cut-off points before making your next decision. For some years, the University of Development Studies (UDS) has been crowned the premier university in the northern part of Ghana. This article is an outline of the UDS health programmes and cut-off points.
Read Also: UDS Nursing Top-up Programmes
UDS School of Medicine Cut-Off Points
Here are the UDS school of medicine programmes and their respective cut-off point aggregates
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery: Aggregate 9
- UDS ACCESS PBL: Aggregate 12
UDS School of Pharmacy Cut-Off Points
Here are the UDS school of pharmacy programmes and their respective cut-off point aggregates
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY: Aggregate 12
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (FEE PAYING): Aggregate. 18
UDS School of Nursing & Midwifery Cut-Off Points
Here are the UDS School of Nursing and Midwifery programmes and their respective cut-off point aggregates
- BSc NURSING: Aggregate 14
- BSc MIDWIFERY: Aggregate 14
Read Also: UDS Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes
UDS School of Public Health Cut-Off Points
Here are the UDS School of Public Health programmes and their respective cut-off point aggregates
- BSc HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Aggregate 18
UDS School of Allied Health Sciences Cut-Off Points
Here are the UDS School of Allied Health Sciences programmes and their respective cut-off point aggregates
- DOCTOR OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES: Aggregate 12
- BSc MEDICAL IMAGING TECHNOLOGY: Aggregate 16
- BSc COMMUNITY NUTRITION: Aggregate 18
- BSc DIETETICS: Aggregate 16
Read Also: UDS Access Courses Programme
UDS Admission Entry Requirements
Below are the general admission entry requirements for UDS (University of Development Studies)
UDS Degree Programmes Entry Requirements
Applicants who apply for any UDS degree programme should meet the following general entry requirements before they can be offered admission into the institution.
WASSCE holders seeking admission into Degree programmes must have at least C6 in all their three Core and three Elective Subjects.
WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.
Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
• Three Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
• Any three Elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
• Aggregate Score of the best six (6) subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 36. However, admissions will be on a competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than the aggregate 36 for WASSCE.
• Candidates should note that Social Studies is not an elective subject.
• For candidates who read Arts and Business subjects at WASSCE, a grade in Social Studies may be used in place of the grade in Integrated Science in the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
• For Science students, however, Social Studies (Core) does not replace Integrated Science (Core) in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
Read Also: UDS Admission Requirements & Application Forms
UDS Diploma Programmes Entry Requirements
Applicants who apply for any UDS diploma programme should meet the following general entry requirements before they can be offered admission into the institution.
Candidates who do not meet the requirements for UDS Degree programmes are advised to apply for any one of the Diploma programmes (Diploma in Development Education, Basic Education, Early Childhood, Care and Education, all of which are offered at the Tamale Campus; Diploma in Social Change Communication, Agriculture Technology, Family and Consumer Science, Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Natural Resource Management are offered on Nyankpala Campus)
• To be admitted into a Diploma programme, three credit passes in the area of specialization (elective subjects) and at least two passes ( D7 or better) in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE is required. Any candidate without a pass in English Language and Mathematics (core) need not apply for the Diploma. It is not likely that all candidates with the minimum requirements for Diploma programmes will be admitted. Preference will be given to candidates who have good grades/credit passes.
Candidates, who have met the requirements for Degree programmes (Credits in three electives and three core subjects), but have aggregates that are not good enough may be admitted into Diploma programmes
Read Also: UHAS Sandwich Courses, Admission Requirements and Application Forms
How to Apply Apply for UDS Admission
Below are the steps to apply for UDS admission online.
- Visit any branch of Stanbic Bank, NIB, ADB, GCB, Zenith Bank and Ecobank for your UDS Undergraduate e-Voucher
- You can also buy the UDS Undergraduate e-Voucher online here
- For first-time users, create a user account by clicking the Sign-Up Tab
- Select Undergraduate as your Application Category
- Fill all required fields and click on the Sign-Up button
- Once successful, login with the Username and Password created
- You can always login to check status of your admission from time-to-time
Read Also: UCC Degree in Midwifery Admissions
UDS Admission Deadline
When is the closing date for UDS admission form?
The deadline for UDS admission is 31 August. Applicants are encouraged to apply before this date since applications that come in at a later date will not be attended to.
Cost of UDS Admission Form.
The Price of the UDS admission form is GHS 200.00