UESD Courses, Cut off Points, Fees and Application Form. The University of Environmental and Sustainable Development (UESD) is one of Ghana’s newest public universities and the first university established in the eastern region of Ghana (Somanya). This university was established with the objective of providing tuition in the area of environmental and natural resources in Ghana. In this article, we outline the programmes offered in UESD, UESD admission entry requirements as well as fees and how to apply for admission in UESD.
UESD Admission Requirements
Below are the general admission requirements for the University of Environmental and Sustainable Development.
At least a credit (A1-C6) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science and any three elective subjects in Science, Home Economics, Geography, and Economics with an aggregate score of 36 or better.
Credit Passes (A-D) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science and any three elective subjects in Science, Home Economics, Geography, and Economics with an aggregate score of 24 or better.
A LEVEL Certificate Holders
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Besides, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects (or its equivalent) including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for science students). A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
HND Class and Second Class (Upper and Lower Division) holders with the relevant background may be admitted in the Third Year of the programme after passing an interview, while HND First may be considered for admission without an interview. Two years Diploma holders may be admitted into the second year while three years Diploma with distinction may be admitted into the third year of the programme without an interview.
Mature Applicants must have attained the age of 25years or above with passes in SSSCE/WASSCE/ O’Level Mathematics and English. Also, the applicant must have relevant working experience and pass a written examination and an interview conducted by the School.
Foreign students may be admitted on the basis of a qualification from their home country for which the Water shall determine equivalence. Evidence of proficiency in the English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
Also, Check Pentecost University courses, entry requirements, fees and admission form
Programmes offered at UESD
Below are programmes offered at the University of Environmental and Sustainable Developments.
- BSc. Geography and Earth Science
- B.Sc. Energy and Resource Economics
- BSc. Environment and Public Health
- B.Sc. Sustainable Development
- BSc. Water Resources Management
- B.Sc. Biological and Mathematical Sciences
- B.Sc. Chemistry and Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. Energy Sustainability
- BSc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Environmental and Sustainability Science
- BSc. Nature Conservation Management
- BSc. Environmental Management
- BSc. Environmental Economics and Policy
- BSc. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- BSc. Aquaculture Management
- BSc Chemistry and Mathematical Sciences
- BSc. Physics and Mathematics
- BSc. Geoscience
- BSc Physics and Biological Sciences
- BSc. Chemistry and Physics
How to buy UESD Admission Form
Below are the ways you can apply for admission at the University of Environmental and Sustainable Development
Also, Check NAFTI Courses, Entry Requirements, Fees and Application Form
USSD Application Process
Interested and qualified candidates may purchase an application voucher from any Zenith Bank branch using the shortcode *966*3*517#.
Online Application Portal Process
- Log on to http://www.apps.uesd.edu.gh/admissions/ with the serial number and PIN on the e-voucher
- Follow the steps on the online Admission system to complete your application.
- Enclose in an envelope, a printed copy of the completed online application form together with photocopies of your result slips and birth certificate / baptismal certificate.
- Post the enclosed envelope by courier /registered mail to
Cost of UESD Application form
Ghanaian Applicants: GH¢200.00
International Applicants: US$120.00
Note: Successful applicants will receive a text message to print their admission letters online, pay school fees and begin all formalities expected of a fresh student at home before reporting to campus.