The Management of UCC is inviting applications from suitably and qualified Mature Candidates for admission into first degree programmes of the University of Cape Coast for the 2022/2023 academic year. Below are the UCC mature student undergraduate programmes and how to apply for mature student admissions.
UCC E-Vouchers Sales Centres
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Millennium City, Kasoa (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road) (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All Networked Ghana Post Offices – (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All Networked Branches of GCB Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of ADB Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of GT Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of ARB Apex Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of Republic Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of Consolidated Bank Nationwide Bank
- All Networked Branches of Zenith Bank Nationwide
- All Networked Branches of Prudential Bank Nationwide
Read Also: UCC Post-Diploma Courses
UCC Entry Requirements For Mature Candidates
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates must;
be, at least, Twenty-Five (25) years old by 31st May 2022. A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate issued not less than five (5) years from the day of completing the application form should be enclosed with the application materials. have any one of the following:
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate
- Teacher’s Cert. ‘A’
- NVTI Certificate
- NABPTEX Certificate
- a) Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either SSSCE/WASSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects after payment of a fee of GHS 60.00 per subject.
- b) All applicants are also required to pay GHS 250.00 to cover the cost of examination and preparatory class fees.
- c) (a) and (b) above will be paid on arrival.
Read Also: UEW Distance Courses and Admission Requirements
UCC Mature Candidates Entrance Examination
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- General Paper
- Aptitude Test
- Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
- Practical examinations will be conducted for candidates applying for the Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education (Health, Physical Education & Recreation) programmes on a date which will be communicated to successful applicants.
Dates for Examinations
- Thursday, 30th June 2022 – General Paper and Aptitude Test
- Friday, 1st July 2022 – Special Papers in Mathematics and English
PREPARATORY CLASSES WILL BE RUN FOR ALL APPLICANTS BY THE UNIVERSITY from Monday, 13th June, 2022 to Tuesday, 28th June, 2022 on selected topics to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Applicants are expected to report to campus on Saturday, 11th June, 2022. An orientation programme will be held for all applicants on Sunday, 12th June, 2022 at 3:00 pm prompt in CA Ackah Lecture Theatre 2 (CAALT 2) before the start of the preparatory classes. All applicants are expected to participate in the orientation programme.
Read Also: Apply Now – UCC Sandwich Admissions & Application Process
Applicants are encouraged to make their own accommodation arrangements with the Halls of residence (at a subsidized rate of Ten Ghana Cedis per night) at the North campus of the University (New Site) for the period of the preparatory classes and the examinations
submission of completed online application forms
(a) Copies of completed online application forms (confirmation pages) accompanied by photocopies of results slip(s), birth certificate, payment slips or receipts, transcripts (where applicable) and other relevant documents should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Completed online application forms should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 3rd June, 2022. Applicants are to ensure that copies of the application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
(b) No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips (not returnable) should accompany completed forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.
NB: A change of programme after the submission of application form would NOT be entertained.
UCC Mature Programmes For 2022/2023 Academic year
Mature candidates are advised to select only programmes that are listed below.
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|B.A. (African Studies)|
|B. A. (Communication Studies)|
|B.A. (Theatre Studies)|
|B.A. (Film Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|B.Sc (Tourism Management)|
|B.A. (Population & Health)|
|B.A. (Social Sciences)|
|B.Sc (Hospitality Management)|
|SCHOOL OF BUSINESS|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)|
|FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Social Sciences)|
|B.Ed (Social Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Health, Physical Education and Recreation)|
|B.Ed (Computer Science)|
|B.Ed (Home Economics)|
|B.Ed. (Communication Design)|
|Bachelor of Fine Art Education (Painting and Sculpture)|
|B.Ed. (Information Technology)|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS|
|B.Ed (Junior High School Education)|
|B.Ed (Primary Education)|
|B.Ed (Early Childhood Education)|
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE|
|B.Sc (Animal Production)|
|B.Sc (Agricultural Extension and Community Development)|
Deadline for UCC Matured students Application
The deadlines for the sale of UCC application e-vouchers and the submission of completed application forms are Friday, 27th May 2022 and Friday, 3rd June 2022 respectively.
Read Also: UEW Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes
COST OF UCC Mature Student Application Form
The UCC E-voucher for the mature student application form can be purchased at a cost of GHS220.00
Please I did diploma in commerce,can I switch to do my course in education side that is accounting in education instead of continuing with the top up