Ho Technical University(HTU) was established as a Technical Institute with the primary objective of providing pre-technical education. The Ho Technical University(HTU) had made tremendous progress in upgrading of the courses offered. Ho Technical University has become a reputable Technical University contributing actively to national and international development and also train highly competent human resource to the highest level possible through career-focused education, skill training and research in partnership with stakeholders. Below are the details about the admissions and mode of application.
Ho Technical University (HTU) Entry Requirements
Here are the entry requirements for admission into Ho Technical University:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (Al -C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in SIX (6) subjects comprising Three(3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
NOTE: Candidates awaiting the MAY/JUNE, WASSCE and NABPTEX RESULTS can also apply.
- The general requirement for GCE Applicants admission to Ho Technical University are as follows:
- have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subjects (for science students)
Read Also: UEW 2022/2023 Admission Begins Check Application process
- Ho Technical University Advanced Business Certificate Examination Admission Requirements;
1.have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
2.have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, mathematics, Integrated science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination.
- Ho Technical University Technical and Vocational Education and Training, TVET Admission Requirements;
The general requirement for TVET Applicants admission to the HTU are as follows:
- Possess Certificate Il in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTl, City & Guilds and other authorized awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate Il in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX certificate Il in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate Il qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
- Ho Technical University Foreign Students Admission Requirements:
The general requirement for Foreign Students admission to the Ho Technical University are as follows:
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Courses Offered At Ho Technical university
TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (BTech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- .Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Building Technology(Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Food Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Fashion Design and Textiles (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Information and Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Accounting and Taxation (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Marketing and Information Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering(Regular and Weekend)
Check Also; UEW Courses and Cut off points
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)
- HND Building Technology
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Food Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Computer Science
- HND Information Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Accountancy (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Marketing (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Banking and Finance (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles (Regular and Weekends)
Where To Buy Ho Technical University Forms
Obtain an Application Voucher from the Post Office or from any of the following Banks/Sources:
- GCB Bank
- Agric. Development Bank (ADB)
- Zenith Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Republic Bank
- VISA Credit/Debit Card.
- International Students should use VISA card.
Read Also; Valley View University Opens Admissions 2022/2023
How to Apply For Ho Technical University (HTU) Admission Forms
- Go tohttps://admisions.htu.edu.gh on the internet after you purchase the Ho Technical University Admission E-Voucher.
- Log on to the online Admissions System with the Serial Number and PIN
- Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application
- You can as well visit the Ho Technical University Admission Portal; https://htu.edu.gh/index.php/admissions/how-to-apply
- Enclose in an EMS envelope, a printed copy of your completed online application together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, (transcripts for Top-up B-Tech applicants) and (Birth Certificates for mature applicants).
- Post the enclosed EMS envelope to the address below:
Ho Technical University
P. O. BOX HP 217
Ho – Ghana
Applicants who wish to submit in person do not require an EMS Envelope.
APPLICANTS AWAITING RESULTS MAY ALSO APPLY USING THE SAME PROCEDURES.
NOTE: International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Technical University. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
Cost Of Ho Technical University Online Admission Forms
Undergraduate (4yr-Direct / Top-up Degree/HND) – GH¢180.00
Postgraduate Applicants – GH¢240.00
Non-Tertiary Applicants – GH¢150.00
All Post Diploma Applicants – GH¢200.00
Mature Applicants – GH¢300.00
International Applicants – $100.00
Application Forms Closing Date For Ho Technical University
- Direct Applicants: 15th July
- Mature Applicants: 29th May
- Post-Diploma Applicants: 15th July