The Admission for all the forty-six colleges of Education (CoE) in Ghana forms for 2022/2023 have been officially released . Interested and qualified applicants who wish to enroll in the various Colleges of Education of their choice may check the admission requirements in this post. Applicants are welcome to apply for any of the College of Education programmes before the admission deadline.
Colleges of Education Admission requirements – 2022/2023 Academic year
The general admissions requirements for College of Education Bachelor of Education (B.ED) is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (Al-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including: English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants: Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better. Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including the English Language. Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the Advanced General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Applicants: Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better), and have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects, including English Language. Mathematics, and a Science subject for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students)
Read Also: UHAS Sandwich Courses, Admission Requirements and Application Forms
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants: Possess Certificate Il in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate Il in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX certificate il in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate Il qualification in Competency-Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET
- Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
NOTE: Candidates who are yet to write either their 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
Read Also: UCC Mature Students Degree Programmes and Forms
- Admission Requirements For Foreign Qualifications: All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana. It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Campuses For Special Needs Applicants
Study campuses are available at:
- J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Wesley College of Education, KUMASI
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
Study facilities are available at:
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
College of Education Entry Requirements For Special Needs Applicants
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have. Credit Passes (Al-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects, including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants with SSSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Two (2) CORE subjects, including.
- English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit (Al-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects. including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
Programmes Offered At Colleges Of Education
- B.Ed. Early Grade Education
- B.Ed. Primary Education
- B.Ed. JHS Education
Cost Of Application forms for College Of Education Admission 2022/2023
Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC 200.00) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following banks nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Ghana Commercial Bank.
Read Also: UEW Sandwich Degree and Diploma Programmes
How To Buy College Of Education Form Using Mobile Money (MOMO)
- You can as make payment through mobile money on the following networks: AirtelTigo Cash, Vodafone cash, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing short code *924*8# from all networks.
- After payment, you will be given the following information: A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- Then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific stated there to fill the online application form.
- You would then have to select three Colleges of your choice for your program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Kindly note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, you will then have to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of you chose in step 5.
- You will then receive an SMS (text message) confirming your application, So make sure you provided the correct phone numbers when filling the online application form.
- You will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS when your application is processed. As such if you do not receive such notifications then it to means that your applications was unsuccessful.
Steps To Follow In The Application Of College Of Education Forms Using The Portal
- Supply your card information and ensure you keep the card safely for subsequent login.
- Click ‘Login’ to start applying.
- Fill Application form and supply all required details, as well as attaching a passport picture. An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
- Click ‘Preview’ button to do any of the following:
- Click ‘Edit’ button to modify your application.
- Click ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
- Click ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to complete your online application.
- After clicking on ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’, click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
- Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Number shown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
- Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
- Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so, means application won’t be processed
- Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.
Note The Following When Applying For Colleges Of Education Admissions
- Applicants are advised to read and ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or forged documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NOTE: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to the public universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliated university.
Read Also :Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment Entry Requirements
Closing Date For College OF Education Admissions 2022/2023
The deadline for application of Colleges of Education for the 2022/2023 academic year, which was scheduled for close of business, Friday, July 31, 2021 has been extended to Monday October 31, 2021